January 8, 2010

Christmas with Mickey

This year for Christmas we were lucky enough to spend it at Disneyland.  The trip has been planned since this last summer.  It was really hard because I so wanted to tell the kids so they could get excited, but I knew if I did, I would hear 20 times a day, "When are we going to Disneyland".  You know what I mean don't you?  No thanks. 

We thought it would be fun to do a surprise for them a few days before we left, so I just had to not think about Disneyland at all because I knew I would spill the beans.  We went with all of the Palmer family.  We were missing a few, but it was a great time!  Dave and Melissa drove down from up north, and we all drove together in 2 cars.  Melissa and I with the little kids, and Dave and Chris with the bigger kids.  We got off a bit later then we had hoped, and 10.5 hours later, yes 10.5 we got to the hotel!  The traffic between Vegas and Barstow was awful!  Considering we have never taken a trip before with all 4 kids, they couldn't have been better!  I don't think Cohlee cried even once!  It made it so the 10.5 hours was bearable.  We had lots of fun.  The kids did great at the hotel.  We were kinda goin nuts the first night in the hotel room, but we got somewhat used to it.  Hopefully now that we have been once, we will make it back again.  The only bad thing about the trip:  Apparently, Christmas day is the BUSIEST day of the year at Disneyland.  Of course!  Luckily we had the park hopper, so we got to go to California Adventure which wasn't as busy.

The big group shot 

{My favorite part of this picture: Chris's mom giving herself bunny ears }







Click here to view all of the pictures


4 comments:

bethi said...

looks like you guys had fun,...and you make it look so easy!! im totally jealous!!

Megan Andersen said...

Looks like a way fun group! I am surprised that Xmas day is that busy...I would have thought it to be exactly the opposite.

The Grantham Family said...

Did you edit ALL your pictures!? I looked at all of them and there were some goodies! Lets just say I am ready to book our next Disney vacation. Thanks!

jenandjustin said...

Christina! I love all of your pictures! AND you are so funny! I love reading what you post! Glad you guys had fun in Disneyland! Who couldn't though, right?