December 18, 2009

Wheel of Fortune...Palmer style



I have had the biggest secret in my head forever (Since Augustish). I had to make myself completely forget about it or I knew I would go crazy not being able to tell my kids. So last night, we played a game. I know it doesn't look like the cutest game set up ever, but hey, at least it got done! We had told the kids that they could open one present each last night. First we had to play a game. We aren't a game playing family, so I am sure they were wondering what the heck was going on. So the boys are down to one letter left. They can see that it says "WE ARE GOING TO _ISNEYLAND. So you would think Weston would totally have it figured out without that last letter. Nope. So we flip over to show the D, and he says, "WE ARE GOING TO DINSEY-LAND. DINSEY_LAND, what is that? I tell him he is reading it wrong. He repeats the same exact thing. I guess that going to Disneyland is the last thing he could have EVER imagined. We do not travel. The adult to child ratio is way to off for that. So finally I tell him that the N is after the S and to sound it out. Once he says it right, I start freaking out screaming, "WOOO_HOOOO we are going to Disneyland for Christmas!!!!"

It took awhile for it to sink in. I am sure they are still questioning whether its going to happen or not. It will be their first time ever!!  We are going with all of Chris's family. Can't wait till Monday!

6 comments:

The Parks said...

Hahaha how creative of you, I love the wheel of fortune idea! What a great Christmas present! Travel safe!

bethi said...

I love it!! you are sooo creative!! im totally jealous!! lol! have fun!!

The Grantham Family said...

Have a great trip! I am sooooo in envy right now and need a vacation! Your kids will have the best Christmas yet and one they will always remember! Good luck to try and top that one next year!!!

ryanfam said...

I totally want a picture on the pink couch!!!! I'm the only girl so pink is good! Really good

Kamille said...

We just got back from Disneyland! It was the bomb-diggity. It was getting crowded, though. I hope that the lines moved fast and you had nothing but cheerful kids the entire time. Merry Christmas!!!

Megan Andersen said...

I am storing that idea away in my brain...I'm gonna use it one day. I bet your kids are on cloud nine right now...can't wait to see the pictures! Merry Christmas!!