What do you hate the most that everybody else seems to love? Everyone seems to think that it is SO cool to be tan. Its fine on other people, but for me, I am going for the pasty white look. I think I have been in a swim suit 2 times this summer. Both times I layered on the sunscreen and hung out under the umbrella. I am getting old and wrinkly so I have decided to do a lifetime tan ban. Does any body want to join? We could start a club. The PWSTS Club. Yes! What does it stand for?
The Pasty White See Through Skin Club.
Who wants to join?
What is your current obsession? First I have to say something. I have a feeling this is going to be a long answer to such a simple question. Sorry. I have a bit of an obsessive personality. If its not one thing it's another. Unfortunately, its never the most productive obsessions. Why can't I be one of those moms who is OCD about cleaning, laundry, getting ready everyday or the one I really wish...working out. I am going to name a few of my obsessions from the past. When we moved into our house, it was so much BIGGER than the house that we came from. Yes, I live in a mansion {not really}. My brand new beautiful house {OK, maybe it is 20 something years old and a bit of a fixer upper, just let me pretend.} had so many bedrooms, that I got to make one of them a "Scrapbook Room". That is when my buying scrapbooking supplies obsession began. I even signed up to sell the stuff just so I could get a discount. Luckily, that obsession passed. Other things I have been obsessive about: sewing, cooking, scentsy {signed up for that one too}, crafting, blogging, buying baby girl stuff, making baby bracelets, buying nail polish and I am sure many of you can relate to this one, TWILIGHT!! But how many of you read all 4 books in 5 days? Just wondering. Let me just say something else. I don't want you thinking to yourselves, "Why is she complaining about being obsessed with sewing and cooking? Thats awesome!" Um...it would be awesome if it didn't involve being on the computer for hours and hours every day looking up sewing projects and ideas AND not ever actually turning my sewing machine on to make something. The cooking thing....hours spent looking up recipes. Hours spent grocery shopping at least every other day with 4 kids. Having my kids refuse to eat everything I make. Making a mess of my kitchen. I am so glad I am done with that one! We are perfectly fine popping open a can of Chef Boyardee, sticking a {plastic} fork in it and calling that dinner.
So.... my latest obsession? Photography! Remember when Chris got me a new camera for Mothers Day? Ya, he wishes he hadn't. To give you an idea, before I transfer pictures onto my computer, I delete the ones I know I will never use. I delete ALOT before transferring. So guess how many pictures (after deleting most of them) are in my June 2009 folder? 1053. What kinds of super fun things did we do in the month of June for me to take so many? Besides me and Cohlee ditching the boys and going to Boise for a couple days, we a.....we um....we......had so much fun doing.....NOTHING. Seriously. I feel like I have not left my house in months. So I have over 1000 pictures of our super exciting month of June. Sweet. My computer is very thankful for my web albums. For this month, my picture taking numbers are down. I have 319 so far. Why are they down so much, you ask? I am adding another obsession to the list: Learning Photoshop. Yes, I have been bit by the bug. Pretty soon, the pictures of my cute kids will be replaced by pictures of my cute kids with sparkling "Alien Eyes". There is actually a couple already on this blog. I'm not saying which ones. So until I master photoshop, don't laugh at my photo editing. I am learning! This whole photography obsession has for sure been my favorite one so far. Get ready for some cheddar cheese....I have always loved pictures. I don't have the best memory, so pictures help tremendously with that. Nothing beats pulling out the old scrapbook, and taking a trip down memory lane. Its the whole reason I do the blog thing. The childhood memories that are the most vivid in my mind are the ones I have pictures of. Even if my kids don't enjoy looking at the 1000 pictures I took of them in June of 2009 when they are older, I know I will. I really wish I could slow this time down. I know I have said it many times, but I love having my kids little. They love their mom so much. I know they will always love me, but what will I do when they don't need me as much? That makes me kinda sad. I wish I would have gotton into this whole photography thing 15 years ago. Better late than never, I guess.
What are you wearing today? I bet if you know me well, you already know....PJ's, duh!
What's for dinner? I hired a chef. I think his last name is Boyardee.
What would you eat for your last meal? This is gonna sound crazy, but for the last month, the one thing that ALWAYS sounds good to me is Frosted Mini Wheats-Mini Bites Honey Nut. It is seriously so good. But I like all food as long as I don't have to cook it!
What's the last thing you bought? Haven't left the house in a few days except for church....Saturday I went to costco and almost melted because of the heat. So I guess the last thing I bought was Costco stuff.
What are you listening to right now? If there's a place you gotta get, I can get you there I bet, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'M THE MAP!
What do you think of the person that tagged you? Lindsay.....she's ok. Just Kidden! I love her. My husband thinks I love her too much! I don't have sisters, so my close friends are like my sistas!
If you could have a house, fully paid for, and totally furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be? St. George
What is one of your hobbies? See the first question.
What are 3 things that annoy you most? I wouldn't say these annoy me most...It's just the first ones that popped into my head.
(1) You see someone out and about who is one of your "Virtual Friends". You know what I mean, Facebook Friends or Blogging Buddies. Then, they act like they don't even know you! It happened to me just the other day. I saw this person in the store, made eye contact and gave a little smile and just as I am about to say "Hey how are you, long time no see! How are the triplets? I totally made those cookies you posted about on your blog!" They look at me, and keepa walkin! Can you believe that! I think I might unfriend that person now.
(2) When somebody that lives under the same roof as me {no names} can't find their shoes, and its my fault.
(3) When I get tagged and it literally takes me 2 days to write a simple question and answer post!
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
I am loving this shirt I got from Down East. I have the white one. It is so comfy and flowy. It is a very cool {as in, not hot} shirt which is a must here in 115 degree weather. Being I only get ready about once a week, I usually will put this shirt on for the occasion. So if you see me only in this shirt, get over it.
What is your dream job? I love what I am doing right now! Hanging out at home, in PJ's, playing with kids. The only problem is it doesn't pay well and there are no medical benifits. Hopefully sometime in the future I will get a raise.
Describe your personal style. Comfy. Like I said, I am loving Down East. Their stuff is all cottony comfiness.
What are you going to do after this? I really hope I turn my computer off and start cleaning.
What is your favorite "happy hour" at Sonic? Diet Coke with Lime...yum.
What inspires you? my family.
Who was the last person you kissed? Cohlee just woke up, so she got eaten up just now.
What are you currently reading? I have a few books right now. Photoshop CS3 for dummies, Portrait and Candid Photography and Top 100 simplified tips and tricks for Photoshop CS3.
What delighted you most today? The fact that I slept in until 8. I have been waking up at 5 am and not being able to go back to sleep. I still woke up at 5 today, but luckily I fell back to sleep! Am I a morning person? Heck no. So why the heck do I keep waking up at 5??
By what criteria do you judge a person? I don't judge. But if I was the judgmental type, I would totally judge a person by their blogging. It would go something like this.
If you update your blog every single day, you are lame. That means that you are trying so hard to make everyone else think that you are so on top of it. I can see right through it.
The people who update 1-2 times a week are normal. They have just the right amount of excitement in their lives.
The ones who are inconsistent with updating for example: say they post 15 times in May, 8 times in June and only 3 times so far in July, {do not look at my archive list right now please} they are obviously emotionally unstable.
The ones who go months without updating at all, they must be REALLY lazy and not care at all about preserving memories.
If I was judgmental, I would also judge based on how much someone leaves me comments. I don't expect my blog acquaintances to leave a comment on every post. But my true friends {who are listed on the sidebar under "My blog list", I do expect. If you leave me comments, you must love me. If you don't leave me comments, your are kind of jerky and don't care about me at all. If I leave you comments all the time and you never leave me comments, don't be surprised if your name disappears off the list. I have a 3 strikes your out policy. If I leave you 3 comments over a period of time, and you leave me no luv back, I am done with you. You get no comments from me until you show me a lot of love.
But...just because I don't leave you comments all the time, doesn't mean I don't love you. It just means I have nothing to say about what you posted.
But like I said, I don't have a judgmental bone in my body :)
What is one thing that drives you crazy about yourself? I have quite a few things.
(1)I am very opinionated. I say what I think and I am sure sometimes it comes off like I think I know it all. I find myself always saying this to my friends, "That's just my opinion, but it's not like I have a clue."
I give way too much information especially when I am extra chatty. Sometimes I just need to say stuff. Whether it is being a bit too blunt sometimes, or giving way too many details in these answers. I know when I am saying too much. I know when I am telling someone a way too detail filled story and they are sitting there pretending to listen, that they are thinking to themselves, "What is she even talking about? She is crazy. I am glad I am not as crazy as Christina. TMI, Christina, TMI". Just listen and nod, and agree ever so often. That's what good friends do.
The rules: 1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
Tag eight other people!
This is the part where I put down 8 people who I would like to tag. I hate feeling obligated. So since I am such a nice person, I am leaving it up to you. If you want to be tagged, your it!


15 comments:
WOAH! First of all, loving the "Christina" signature. Is that a photshop perk???
You are a crack up! You nailed it and described yourself perfectly, with much added humor! The obsession ? was such a great opener for this post and it only got better as I read the "are you a judgmental person" response! Hmmm...these are all the reasons why I absoulutely LOVE and ADORE you!!!!
I was about to comment on the signature too. Lindsey beat me. anyways that is super cool!
I also laughed through the entire post. You are funny and I love hearing your opinions on things because you are blunt about it. I hate when people just agree to disagree or vice versa. I know you are going to tell me the truth no matter what! I love that we have become so close I know I can depend on you anytime! Thanks for always entertaining me with your detailed stories and blogs!!! Love ya!!!
Man, I miss you!! Your blog is my favorite one to read! Seriously. After your 4th of July post I kept checking back for a new one. Geez, you took forever ;) You make me laugh; I love it.
I for one do not want to be "banned" and taken off your friend list so I am leaving a comment! whew...I was really close to being permanently taken off your blogging buddy list! I am lauging out loud and people in my office think I have lost it. Nothing new there. Anyway, loved your post; and those of us who only blog every month or so, are not lazy.... just super boring. I have to hurt myself just to have something to blog about. How sadly pathetic is that?????
oh my gosh christina...you have not changed ONE BIT!! haha...i freaking love you! that post was seriously having me near-pee-my-pants! you are hilarious!
Linz told me that this post was a must read, and it was. Oh man you are greater than I thought. I too am an obsesser, my current obsession is paint colors. My hubby is pretty sick of me spending his George Washington's on paint,so if you know of any great colors, speak to me. Our bank acct would appreciate it. Your such a cutie. Thanks for giving me a great laugh today. much needed!
I love it!! Reading your post was just like talking to you!..but not as good as the real thing of course!! Im excited for your new 'obsessions' too!!
You are too funny, I don't really know you a whole lot but enjoyed getting to know you better! Your kids are so cute, i love the top pic with all of their personalities shining through, gotta love those kind of pics, I have just a few :)
That is my girl!!! Dennis just walked in and said she is one talented, articulate, smart girl and I agree. But mostly just a lot of fun, womderful mom, wife and daughter and easy to love and admire. You are the best Christina!!!!
This post was so fun to read! I loved it. Loving your photog. obsession. I am feeling a little less motivated. Pass on some of your tips and tricks.
You sure are popular with this post!! I guess I got to it late... anyway, you have a great way to explain yourself. I don't know that I could do the same. And you made me laugh out loud several times and James had to know what was causing it.
PS- Can I join the pasty white club? That'd be great. Thanks!
I like your signature on your post. It was fun to read your tag. I love your personality & I think of you everytime I use the phrase TMI. Something I picked up on CABO round 1.
Thanks for sharing TMI, it was entertaining and humorous.
BTW, my stomach is joining your PASTY White Club this summer. I have color on the rest of me, but I've been too protective of my tummy with the sun this year. Hello, Tankinis. Miss you girl. I need some Christina time someday. Let me know if you head North.
You crack me up! And oh by the way I love you! Sorry I suck at updating my blog now I know how you really feel lol! Oh and I will join your pasty white club any day! Now only if you had the moo moo pasty white messy house crazy Mom club ok I went a little to far with that one! Call me! I need your advice! lol ok really call me ok!
I love ya! you make me laugh!
i'm also into photoshop and the alien eyes! too funny!
Post a Comment