July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Cohlee!




Holy cow! Has a year really passed? Why does it go by so dang fast? A day hasn't gone by in the last year that I haven't thought about how lucky I am to have a daughter. She is such a fun little stinker. She loves her brothers. She is consistently taking their stuff. If they take it back, she will fight back and try to get their toy. Its funny now, but I am sure it won't be for very much longer. I know I have said before that Cohlee loves food. If she see's food but can't get to it, she growls. I am not saying a little grrrr. More like you hear it and get scared cuz you think a bear has come into the kitchen. It doesn't sound like a sound that should be coming from a pretty princess. I am trying to get it on video. So I tried (keyword, tried) to get some decent pictures of Cohlee with her cute birthday pettiskirt and cake. Please remember this as you look at my sad attempt to take pictures of the birthday girl:

1. I was completely by myself trying to pose a 1 yr old, focus, tell 1 year old to come back, go after 1 year old, repose, refocus, and take picture.
2. Cohlee will not sit still even for a second.
3. At least I tried, right?

She isn't walking yet, but I think she will be soon. She will stand, take a step and then fall. One of her favorite things to do is splish and splash in the potty. Yippee! Every single one of my kids have gone through this. Every single one of my kids have splished and splashed in pee and probably worse...... It's disgusting.

My friends Annie and Amber (who are cute sisters) made Cohlee a super cute birthday cake. Thanks girlies! It was perfect and tasty!

For some reason, she thought it would be fun to use her karate moves on the cake.

She really likes the karate kicking!
This is what most of the pictures I took consisted of...Cohlee dashing away!

11 comments:

Staci said...

Such a little sweetie! I can't believe she is 1 already either. I remember when you called me and told me you were prego with her. So cliche, but seems like it was just yesterday.

Cale and Cortney said...

What an absolute doll.....so sad that they grow up so fast! We need to get together :)

bethi said...

she is sooo cute!! i love the pictures!! She wouldnt be a one yr old, if she sat there and smiled right? love the petti skirt,love the cake!!

Annie said...

You did a great job! Especially all by yourself with a moving target! She is a DOLL!!

Amberlee said...

You tood those pictures, nice work. Your obsession has paid off. Happy b-day Cohlee!

Barbara said...

My youngest grandaughter. How precious, beautiful and fun she is. I love the tutu, she needs ballet shoes to go with it. Every minute is priceless with those little ones, they grow up way too quickly. Happy Birthday Cohlee.

Skinner Family said...

Omg!!! Such cute pictures!! I can't believe she is one either. It has gone by so fast. It still makes me laugh when we were in Old Navy not to long ago talking about how old she was "going" to be when we realized she was already that old!!! craziness. I love cohlee and she fits perfectly in your family and came at the perfect time!!! I love the cake and may have to get one for talia!!! Give that cutie a big kiss from me!!!!

bows and more said...

Happy Birthday Cohlee! Sorry I have not called I was up north all last week! What a beautiful birthday princess! You did a great job with her pictures! Priceless!

The Palmers said...

Ok, I need to be a good aunt and get all my new nieces and nephew's birthday dates! Wish we could've been there to see the karate chop slice in action. She does look like she has a good arch and a pretty foot, so she might be a beautiful ballerina! Happy birthday to that sweet girl!

The Parks said...

Wow You took great pictures! They look professional!!! She is adorable Such a cute little girl!

{Annie N.} said...

Those turned out SOOO cute! I love them! Hope turned out how you wante it. So fun!