June 7, 2008

Our Babymoon!!


Last Sunday, Chris and I took a little 4 day vacation to Monterey, Ca without children!! We actually lived there for about a year and a half. We moved back to Utah when I was 4 months prego with Weston. It was fun to see our old (I mean OLD) house we lived in. It was Military housing just for the record!! Anyways, the trip was so relaxing. We went with our friends Bill and Amy Hansen. We stayed at the Lodge on Pebble Beach. The 18th hole was literally right outside our window. One of the days while the guys went golfing, Amy and I hit the spa. I got a prenatal massage that was fabulous!! The guys golfed Pebble Beach one day and Spyglass Hill another. One of the best things about the trip for me was the YUMMY resturaunts we ate at. Monterey has the best food ever!!! I think I gained 20lbs while we were there.



Chris looking out at the 18th hole from our hotel room.



This is the resturaunt I worked at when we lived in Monterey. It has the best food and I have been craving it for the last 7 years.



All four of us snuggling up by the fireplace in the lobby



Here is our first official "Home Sweet Home" Don't forget I did say it is military housing. Chris was in the National Guard and had his training in Monterey. You could actually see the ocean from the front steps.



In front of the 18th hole at Pebble Beach



We ate at a fun resturant in Big Sur called Nepenthe. All the sudden, in walks Dennis Haysbert, aka the late President David Palmer (24), aka The guy from "The Unit", aka The Allstate Guy (Are you in good hands?)!!! I love his super deep voice! Chris is a huge fan of The Unit so he was stoked. He doesn't usually get star struck, but this time was different. Anyways, The Allstate Guy was super nice. He was with his girlfriend. They ended up sitting right next to us so we got to talk to him a bit more. All in all, it was a great trip. It probably won't happen for another 7 years so in the meantime, I will be dreaming about all the yummy food!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You look so cute w/ your prego belly :) And that is so cool that you met the AllState guy!

The Grantham Family said...

WOW! That place is beautiful...I love the picture of you and Chris on the beach! Did you get some?? These pictures totally gave me the vacation bug. Hmmm...I guess St George will have to do because it is the closest place I can get to where the sun is shining! Could you hurry your pregnancy right along so I can come down!

Kenzie said...

I am hating all of you people who are vacationing without your kids. Who do you get to watch your herd? I don't think anyone would take my kids for even one night. They are too out of control. Looks like you had fun. And what a nice time to get away since once the baby comes you are going to be one busy momma!!

mccall... said...

It looks so beautiful! And you look great - really. I love the pictures.

Amberlee said...

Ummm... I really hate preg. skinny chicks, ya I am talking to you. You are so tiny. By the way I need your home address when you get a second. Can email it to me,plez
amberb2bc@yahoo.com
thanks babe! Now go and eat a cake!

kourtney said...

Ummm, didn't you just go to Cabo. Looks like a blast. Seriously though, just take me. Love the first house. It looks homey. Good thing Andy's right here with me, he got star struck. We love to watch the Unit and Allstate commercials.

{Annie N.} said...

I love Monterey! My sister on that same base in one of those sweet houses also. We visited a couple times. I didn't know you lived there. Looks like you had a good time.

bows and more said...

Looks like a fun relaxing time! Good for you! We know Bill and Amy, they are great! Good thing you got to get away before the baby! We went there about 3 years ago, it is so beautiful!

The McCulloughs said...

Sounds like such a fun trip. I am totaly jealous. Trips without kids are the greatest! What an amazing view! You deserve it and that's a great thing to do before the baby comes.. GOOD LUCK!