June 29, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training!

The other day I had Cade wearing underwear. Well, don't get too excited for me, cuz he peed in them and never went on the potty. So he comes into the kitchen with his soggy underwear on and brings me a diaper and asks me to put it on him. I tell him no, he is not wearing diapers today, he is wearing underwear and to go get some new underwear. So he goes walking off mumbling something under his breath. Not even a minute later, he returns. What is he wearing, not his underwear, not a pullup, a full on diaper!! He put a diaper on all by himself, the right way and everything!! Don't get me wrong, I am not bragging about this. It actually makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs!! My point is, if you can put your own diaper on with no problem in under a minute, you are so capable of going pee on the potty!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh no!!! I do not look forward to potty training!

Hootie & Chrissi said...

That's classic! I look forward to having kids sometime, but not the potty training nightmare. Hope all is good for you guys, and things are going smooth getting ready for Baby Girl.

Kenzie said...

Don't be mad, but that is so funny!! I can sympathize with you at the moment. I also am struggling with potty training. Can't we just hire someone who can come in for the week and potty train our kids. Somebody needs to start that business. Good Luck! If you find any good tips, please share:) I also need your address. You can e-mail it to me: mckenziebburgess@gmail.com

kourtney said...

Okay, that is a story that screams your kid is ready for potty training. Not saying anything bad about you, my mom had a horrible time with me, and when I told her that I wanted "the diapers with the elastic on the legs", she knew it was time. My vocab was way to big for diapers. Oh well, what can you do?

Kisten Downey said...

ok i totally am a dork.. i know who you were talking about NOW... I am so dumb..... she is a cutie, we hung out with her a while back...

bows and more said...

That is too funny! Ya gotta love stubborn boys! They take their own time thats for sure! Good think he is stinking cute!

The McCulloughs said...

That is sooo funny! Obviously he is capable of going to the bathroom on the toilet, but he has to WANT to or he won't do it. Just give him some time and he will eventually do it! You don't see many kids going to school that aren't potty trained.. there is hope! Hope you are feeling good and I am sure you're getting ready for that baby. Good Luck