September 14, 2009
Thanks Weston
A few nights ago, I went on a diet coke run. Weston was right there when I decided to do this and he asked if he could come. Sure! So we hop in the car and head to Mr. D's (gas station). On our way, Weston asks if he can get a soda. I say yes. A second later, he asks if he can get Dr. Pepper. "Weston", I say. "Dr. Pepper is gross. We Palmers' are Diet Coke drinkers. We have had this conversation a million times before. Also, Dr. Pepper has caffeine. Caffeine isn't good for kids." Then I add the one statement that always gets him to drop it. "Caffeine makes you not grow." For whatever reason, he didn't drop it this time. He wanted to know more. So I tell him how it can make it hard to sleep, and how it can make you hyper and crazy. He sat there for a few seconds and says, "But mom, your not crazy." Is it weird that I was so touched that my son doesn't think I am crazy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Lol He sounds cute! My kids are giants so maybe I should start feeding them caffeine :)
What a sweetie. My kids, I am sure, think I am crazy. I would like it if they said that to me.
That's great, isn't he observant. Glad he doesn't think you're crazy! Hope you're enjoying your photography gig. :)
HAHAHAHA I love it! And Dr. Pepper really is the best! He will learn soon enough! Don't ya love how your kids can just say the littlest things and it can totally make your day?
Ha ha he is such s good liar! You are totally nuts! lol
cute story oh and btw diet coik has caffine lol! thank goodness!
clearly I did not proof read! I am nuts too! We are a good match!
thats awesome!!! lol
Hmmm... Sweet I say
Oh. Tender.
Oh that is great!! My kids know that I get Pepsi so that I WON'T be crazy!!
Don't let Grandpa Palmer get to him, he will tell him the real truth!!!!.. About Dr. Pepper being the best! He does not think you are crazy either, so the Palmer boys score a big one with Christina.
Post a Comment