August 7, 2009

Faking it...

Sometimes, a really genius idea pops into my head. A few weeks ago, I was at the store thinking how much I loved banana bread, but I only eat it when someone makes it and brings it over. That is when this idea popped into my head! So I decided, because I am so nice, to share my great idea. I think that there are many people who will like this and use this. Just don't tell my neighbors you got the idea from me :)

1. First you go to Harmons, and buy their "Fresh baked bread" Not the sliced kind, I am talking banana bread and poppyseed. It's next to the sugar cookies and cakes.


2. Bring it home and hide it until you are sure you are alone. Close the blinds and lock the door.

3. Once you are alone the fun begins. Take off the plastic lids and stickers. Throw them in the garbage. Take some paper towels and put them on top of the lids to hide the evidence.

4. Get some tinfoil and place it on the top of the exposed bread.

5. Finish it off with some ribbon. Make sure there is no price tag on the bottom.


6. If you want to really push it, go to etsy.com and get some handmade tags to put on them.

Just for the record, I have never actually put this idea to the real test. So if I have ever given you a plate of cookies or something, I totally made them.

After I took these pictures, I cut into the bread to give some to the kids. Chris came home for lunch awhile later. He starts digging into the bread and says, "Who brought this to us?" OK....I guess sometimes I do flat out lie. I said duh! I made it of course! Sorry Chris. Your wife doesn't like to cook.

Another variation of this trick: When you go grocery shopping at Costco or wherever, buy their premade dinners that all you have to do is cook in the oven. Then what you do is take it home, put it into your own baking dishes, and cook it in the oven. I have gotten Chicken cordon bleu from Harmons. It ended up not being as good as I thought so I fessed up right away and said that I didn't cook it. Costco has chicken enchilada's, chicken parmesan, stuffed steak and salmon with the lobster meat on it. Those are the ones that I have tried. Make sure to dirty some mixing bowls in the sink so it is more beleivable.

4 comments:

breck said...

HA! you are brilliant...maybe a brilliant liar...but nonetheless, BRILLIANT! and i am replying to your comment on my blog- i wanted to come so bad to the reunion. but as you saw, this week quinn was sick and owen really isnt supposed to be going out all that much still (since he was a preemie). so we decided to do the "responsible" thing and stay home :( I hope everyone had fun though! jameson has never been down there and so we want to go soon. i will for sure let ya know.

Maegan said...

You are so funny, no I don't think you are crazy! Hope you come to Bunko again, it's at my house this months so if we are short would you be interested??

Morgan Eliason said...

You seriously crack me UP!!!! I totally need to try these. I just don't know if I could get a way with it. I love to cook I just hate the clean up.. OH how I miss Harmons and Costco so close..

Brenda Milne said...

You are hilarious! I think you should try this and hand them out to neighbors at Christmas! Now I expect one.