Do you filter what you write on your blog based on who you know looks at it? Do I? Unfortunately, sometimes I do. I know it seems like I already give TMI, but trust me, I could give more. I want to give it all on my blog. In person, I definitely do. I admire the blogs where they just let it all out there. It bugs me that I filter a bit because if you know me, I am not like that in real life. Quite often, things happen in my life that I think are funny but may not be totally appropriate to put on my "Family Blog". Not super crazy stuff, just things that I might not want to have down in writing. Example: About a month ago, my washing machine broke. It was on a Friday night so I didn't want to pay 3 times as much for a repair guy to come on the weekend. So what does self proclaimed google queen Christina do? Get on the computer and figure it out! So on Saturday, I popped open the back panel of the washing machine and started pulling tubes apart because that's what some guy named Ed said he had done to his washing machine on fixit.com and it fixed his. So if Ed could do it, Christina can. It was very uncomfortable reaching into this tiny space for 3 hours. My triceps had been resting on a pretty sharp/hard resting spot the whole time. I kept thinking to myself, its gonna leave a bruise. So the next morning, I wake up and look at my arms. O my! It looked like someone grabbed both my arms and squeezed in a not nice way! I had to wear longer sleeves for a few days. Who knows what someone might assume, right? Of course, if they asked, I told them how I am the fix it queen. The funny thing is...I am sometimes horrible at telling the truth. You know how some people are bad liars? At times, I am a bad truth teller. Only when I feel there is a chance the person I am talking to doesn't believe me. So if Chris says "Christina, is that a new shirt?" I say no, I bought it a year ago. But then I get all nervous and figgity and start laughing. So it seems like I am lying! So when someone at church asked me about my bruises hanging out of my not long enough sleeves, I truthfully told them the washing machine story and of course I get all nervous and figgity while telling them because I am thinking, "I know they think I am just making this story up." Oh well, they can think whatever. I thought it was kinda funny. After church I told Chris how I got all weird when answering the question. He didn't think it was as funny as I did!
So I am going to show you the awesomeness of my bruises. They really were even worse than they look in the pictures.


Being president, founder and mascot of the PWSTS club, didn't help with camouflaging the bruises. What is PWSTS? Click
here.
8 comments:
Only you. Seriously, one day you WILL have a pink toolbelt and it is my mission to find you one! I would NEVER even consider taking off the back panel of my washing machine, but then again I am a total sucker and get ripped off for everything. Those weekend "fixers" that charge double would LOVE me!!
I completely remember this story and for those that don't believe its true well I am here to say its 100% the truth. I am proud of you for trying to fix it. I am more of a call someone else to do it kinda person.
Oh my! I bet you did get some looks...oops! I would NEVER open my washing machine to fix it, good on ya! I don't even iron my own clothes, my hubby does it for me! Ah geez, maybe I shouldn't tell everyone that!
That is funny! Don't you love the internet. You can find anything and everything you need. I would go find how to fix it, and then realize it would be way to much work and call someone. So good for you, I am very impressed. So did you get it working???
christina, i am the EXACT same way!! i guess we just have really guilty consciences or something.
Oh my gosh those are some intense bruises! I am totally impressed you are the figure it out and go fix it girl!
You are crazy!!! Have I told you that before? When my washing machine brakes I will be callin ya : ) It would be cheaper to pay for your gas then to call a repair man!! I'm so glad your so handy..........lol! Luv ya and miss you too :(
oh my GOOSHHH! those are impressive. i hope it's fixed!
Post a Comment