May 24, 2009

How does your garden grow?





Sour?


We decided that we would try doing a garden this year. We have these three different levels on the side of my house that are filled with rocks. We thought maybe the rocks would keep the weeds out so we left them where they were and planted the garden in the rocks. My mom came over (I was really sick that day, darn) and had the boys help her plant the garden. I didn't post it cuz I thought it would jinx the garden. Well, some of them are still alive! There have only been a few weeds. We go out there every day and water it. At first it was a pain, but once the stuff started growing, it is fun! We (I mean they) planted zucchini, strawberries, squash, tomatoes and cantelope. All but one of the zucchini plants died. The strawberries are doing great! Cade is the only one besides me that has been eating them. We haven't seen a tomatoe yet, but the plants look healthy. No sign of a cantelope yet and the squash is looking good! We are going to be eating the zuchinni tonight for dinner. For some reason there is only one that is big. I think it is taking all the nutrients for itself. Maybe now that we have picked it, the rest will grow.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

That zuchini is amazing!! Now if that was my boys garden, they would be watering it with something besides the hose!!! Ask their daddy. What a fun experience for them. Tell Cade he needs a little sugar on that berry.

Annie said...

Good job on the garden! I really want one, but I have a BLACK thumb. I can't keep anything plant-based alive. The strawberries look YUMMY!

Skinner Family said...

WOW! when i saw it the other day they were just starting to grow it seems. You should do a garden every year!!!